Introducing the Food Rising Mini-Farm Grow Box
- A breakthrough in self-reliant food production.
- Grows food without using electricity or soil.
- Self-water system requires very little attention after planting seeds.
- Comes with everything you need except sunlight, water and seeds.
- Requires no weeding.
- Eliminates bending over; grows food on top of benches or tables.
- Easily expandable to multiple grow containers using a single water reservoir.
- Uses just 1/20 the water of traditional soil irrigation methods.
- Contains no complex moving parts: no motors, no pumps, no gears.
- Designed around simple replacement parts that can be easily found in third-world nations, post-disaster scenarios or survival situations.
- Grows better-than-organic lettuce and other crops for about 10 cents' worth of plant food.
- Produces food with up to 500% more mineral nutrition than store-bought fresh produce.
- Key components are based on the 3D printable parts freely downloadable from FoodRising.org and printed on 3D printers.
Revolutionary advantages of the Mini-Farm Grow Box low-tech technology
- Power failures have NO EFFECT on the Mini-Farm Grow Box, unlike with hydroponics or aquaponics which rely on electricity to keep your plants (and fish!) alive.
- The entire system is EMP-proof because it contains no electronic components whatsoever, making it the ultimate "survival food grow system" for preppers.
- Works everywhere there's sunlight. Automatically practical almost everywhere.
- Seeds are planted directly into the grow medium, so there's no transplanting required. Grow Boxes can be easily transported so you can start them indoors, then move them outdoors when desired.
- Grow lights are not part of the Grow Box system, but it is fully compatible with Hydrofarm brand grow light systems.
- The Mini-Farm Grow Box was designed around easily-scavenged parts such as paper clips, pencil erasers, garden hose rubber washers and discarded vitamin bottles. Using 3D printable parts designed by the Health Ranger, these parts can be easily assembled into grow systems to produce food without electricity. This means the grow system works in third-world countries, post nuclear war scenarios, grid-down scenarios, off-grid living and more. This is the system that even Mad Max could use to grow nutritious food after a catastrophic collapse.
- The 3D printable parts can be created using print filament made partially out of recycled water bottles and milk jugs. This means you can now transform landfill into food grow systems. Turning "trash" into "food" is truly revolutionary!
How the Food Rising Mini-Farm Grow Box works:
The Food Rising Mini-Farm Grow Box was created by Texas inventor Mike Adams (aka the "Health Ranger"), who is also an atomic spectrometry lab director, award-winning investigative journalist and holder of multiple pending patents. The invention owes credit to the teachings of Dr. Hideo Imai of the Asian Vegetable Research and Development Center (AVRDC) and Dr. B. A. Kratky of the University of Hawaii, both of whom studied innovative non-circulating plant growth strategies developed in Taiwan. Additional credit is due to Christian Berg, author of "Guide to Non-Circulating Hydroponics," and Terry Moore Cadle, author of "The Secret of Non-Circulating Hydroponics." The Food Rising Mini-Farm Grow System is a bottom-fed, constant-height, self-watering, non-circulating hydroponics system that has been streamlined and simplified with modern manufacturing automation and 3D printing innovations created by Mike Adams.
The system works as follows:
1) After initial assembly, the Mini-Farm Grow Box is filled with nutrient water (made by dissolving Ultraclean Super Plant Food into water).
2) Net pots filled with coconut coir grow medium are placed in the holes of the precision-cut lid. Sprouting seeds are placed in the coconut coir to begin sprouting.
3) When the seeds sprout, their roots grow into the water and begin to use the nutrient solution. The water level begins to drop.
4) As the water level drops, the plant roots "chase" the water down to lower and lower levels inside the grow bin. This causes the production of "air roots" which hang in the air and become oxygen diffusers, replacing the need for electric air pumps.
5) When the water level drops below the level of the installed float valve, the valve automatically opens due to gravity, allowing new water (and nutrients) to flow into the grow container at a controlled rate. This float valve keeps the water maintained at a fixed height for the remainder of the plant grow cycle.
6) Some plant roots stay suspended in the water, pulling in water and nutrients for the plant. Other roots remain suspended in the air and adapt themselves into air absorbers. This is called "root specialization" and is a key reason why the Mini-Farm Grow Box works so well.
7) The plants continue to grow and produce, using water and nutrients. When the water reservoir gets low, additional water and nutrients are added. This only needs to be done rarely, often as little as once a week (depends on temperature, humidity and plant species).
8) Once the crops from one growth cycle are harvested, the Food Rising Mini-Farm Grow Box can be rinsed out, sanitized with sunlight, and used again to grow a whole new batch of fresh food or medicine!
Your Price: $30.00
Your Price: $30.00
Your Price: $99.95
Your Price: $99.95
Your Price: $39.00
Your Price: $12.95